Friday, September 5, 2008

Storms and Joy

I love thunderstorms. I love listening to the rumble of thunder, the splash of rain, smelling the wet in the air. I like splashing in the puddles, but only if I'm not getting too wet. Spongy toes do not make me happy.

Right now I'm lounging on the couch, cuddled up with kiddo #3, enjoying the rain and actually praying for a nice loud storm. Not just because we need the water, but because I just want to splay across the sofa, drink a warm cup of coffee and read the book I've been so looking forward too.

Yes, I'm using it as an excuse to be lazy, but what better weather for snuggly entertainment. I guess it's just a bonus that reading and curling up with the offspring are good things.

In fact, I'm going to go revel in the rain now. It may not be a storm, but I'll take what I can get.

No comments: